Sunday, September 11, 2011

Red, White, and Blue

It's really been 10 years.......

Just like everyone else I can remember exactly what happened September 11, 2001.  I was done with high school and had been working for my family's business for the past 9 months.  I was getting ready to move in a few weeks to California for what was going to be the most exciting adventure and beginning of my new adult life.  I had gotten to work like normal, shortly after one of the office girl's husbands called.  They were farmers and he was in a field and had heard through his radio a plane crashed in New York.  He said we should turn on a TV and call him back.  Of course the most horrible thing unfolded.....

I remember my mom and I being glued to ABC watching Peter Jennings.  Then the time came to leave for CA.  Over the course of the drive there the sonic boom happened at home and all the anthrax scares.  It was a crazy time in our country.

So much has changed in 10 years.  We live in a very different place....the economy, innocence lost, we are in a long long war. 

When I first was going to post tonight I was going to talked about how much my life has changed in 10 years.  But now all I want to say is how very thankful and grateful I am for all the courageous people we have that have given more than most of us ever could for our amazing country.  I know I am forever indebted.

No comments:

Post a Comment