Monday, November 21, 2011

Sassy Tassie

I can't believe it's only Tuesday Monday (I first posted Tuesday opps!!!).  I feel like I'm running 5,000 miles a minute.  Work is insanely busy, which I love.  Plus I've already gotten so much done for the holiday.  I got to talk with P for the first time in 6 days last night....it was great!  Tonight I made Pecan Tassies.  They are cute bite size versions of pecan pie.


Pecan Tassies
Crust:
1/2 C room temp. margarine
3oz room temp cream cheese
1C Flour
Mix all three ingredients in a food processor until a ball forms.  Place dough in a ball in a freezer while you make the filling.

Filling:
1 egg slightly beaten
1t melted margarine
3/4C brown sugar
Dash of salt
1/2C chopped pecans
1/2t vanilla

Mix filling ingredients together.  Make 24 balls from the dough and press into mini-muffin pan.  Fill each "cup" with a scant tablespoon of filling.  Bake at 350 for 20-24 min.  Cool and store in a tin.  Makes 24


I love the book this recipe is in.  Right before my mom married my dad in 1978 (they are divorced now) she filled a spiral notebook with hand written recipes. I love that they are all in her hand writing.  There are a few recipes in her mom's writing also.  There is even a post card from a trip she took me and my sister on to Boston, it's was in 1988.  The pages are stained and worn from many years of cooking.  I love love this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment