Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ok, so I am posting another recipe.  I promise it's the last one for a while.  I made a marbled pumpkin cheese cake to bring with us to Indy.  I LOVE anything pumpkin and P really likes cheesecake from what he tells me ;).  It's a pretty easy cake to make, but it cooks for a looooong time.  This is a recipe I adapted from Epicurious, one of my most favorite websites.  Speaking of websites I just found out Coach has an outlet site now.  It's just trouble, I wanted at least 5 purses!

Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake

Ginger Snap Crust:
Make a fine crumb from about 25 ginger snaps, should be about 1 1/2 C
5TB melted butter
1/3C Sugar
1/8t Salt

Mix ingredients together and pressing to the bottom and about 1in up a springform pan.

Filling:
3 8oz packages of cream cheese
1 3/4C sugar
3TB flour
5 large eggs
1/2t vanilla
2 large egg yolks
1t cinnamon
1t pumpkin pie spice
15oz can of pumpkin, or even better make your own pumpkin puree!  I make my own

Beat cream cheese, sugar, and flour until smooth.  Add one egg at a time then vanilla, beat on slow until incorporated.  Take about 3 cups of the filling, I like putting it in a Pyrex cups with a spout.  Beat in the yolks, spices, and pumpkin into remaining filling until smooth.

Pour half of pumpkin filling into the crust.  I like to use a ladle to do this.  Then drizzle half of the plain.  Repeat with the rest of the fillings.  Use a butter knife to gently marble through the filling using a figure 8 patterned.  Be sure to not touch the crust.

I like to place the cake in the middle of the oven.  On the lower rack I usually cover it with tin foil to catch drips and also put water in a cookie sheet to add some steam in the oven.

Bake at 350 for 20 min, then at 300 for 1 1/2 hours.  Turn oven off and leave it in for another 20 min.  Cool and chill in the fridge, you can make this several days before you plan on serving.  Very yummy with homemade whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment