Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Yummy Chili

I love chicken chili.  It's so simple to make and much healthier than regular chili.  I made a ton today and I wanted to share the yummy recipe and be able to link up for the Superfly Soupday link up on Jessica Lynn Writes.

I also added about a half a bag of frozen corn in at the end. You can really play with this recipe a lot. Freezes wonderfully!
Please forgive my crappy picture





White Chicken Chili

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 onion, chopped
40oz. chicken broth
3 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
2 cloves garlic pressed, chopped or whatever you like
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 bunch cilantro chopped
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 (15 ounce) can cannelloni beans (don’t rinse, you can puree 1 of the cans)
2 green onions, chopped
2 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Tortilla chips
Directions
Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic in oil 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender.
Put everything else in the crock pot plus salt and pepper to taste. Cook on High about 4 hours. Pull out chicken breast and shred with 2 forks, put back into crock pot.
Stir and simmer for 5 more minutes. Garnish with green onions, shredded cheese, and crushed chips.

1 comment:

  1. YUM! thanks for linking up. I love a good pot of chili. I've never made it with chicken before, so the next time I make it I think I'll add some instead of beef!

    ReplyDelete