Wednesday, August 17, 2011

What a wonderful day!

Yesterday I had the day off from work so I made last minute lunch plans with my good childhood friend Marissa.  We met at what has become our usual meeting spot since her and her hubby moved back to the Chicagoland area.  It is so much fun to be able to have her so close again after several years of them living several hours away while they finished school. 

Anyway..... She has been blogging (http://www.champagneandbonbons.blogspot.com/ ) for the past few years and one of the things we talked was either being totally anonymous, have it all out there, or somewhere in the middle.  This being said I want to use a creative nickname for the wonderful man I am dating.  But I am totally stumped.... so until I can think of something fabulous he'll just be P.

After I got home from my amazing day of lunch and shopping I wanted to make up a box of goodies to send to P.  He was just here the beginning of August and I was really lonely and missing him which lead to a stressful weekend for both of us.  I make 6 loaves of Double Chocolate Zucchini bread.  Two of which I was going to send to him.  Well last night during our nightly talk I told him I had baked the bread, not telling him I was planning on sending it to him, and he started telling me how gross he thinks zucchini bread is.  I thought this was too funny.  Needless to say I have to send other things, but don't want to say to much as it's still a surprise for him.

I feel like after a trying weekend and start of the week for me and P, we are now back on track.  I am still unsure how to work through the distance and the whole missing you feeling.  Its a learning process but I am sure the pay off will be well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment