Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pumpkin Bars

I love a clean house!  Nothing feels better than when you are done giving everything a good scrub and it smells great and is all sparkly!

Fall is defiantly here in the North Country.  Cool sunny days and brisk nights.  I love fall.  It's is my favorite season.  The mums, pumpkins, apples, leaves, cider, and yummy comfort food.

Last night I made a pear and pork chop dish that was amazing.  I want to share the recipe once I tweak it a bit.  I also roasted a small sugar pumpkin and made pumpkin bars.  By small I mean small, I only got just over 2 cups of meat out of it.

Here is the recipe!

Pumpkin Pie Bars
(adapted from Eagle Brands Recipe)

3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
3/4 cup Rolled Oats


  • 1 cup finely chopped pecans
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
  • 3/4 cup butter ( I thought this was WAY too much, next time I plan on using 1/2 cup
  • 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin or 2 cups fresh pumpkin
  • 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon All Purpose Flour

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In medium bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour,3/4 cup oats, nuts, sugars and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Add butter, mix until crumbly with a pastry cutter. Reserve 1 1/4 cups of the mixture. Pat remaining mixture on bottom of ungreased 13x9-inch baking pan.

Meanwhile, in large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, allspice and salt; mix well. Pour evenly over crust. Mix reserved crumbs with 1 tablespoon flour. Sprinkle over pumpkin mixture.

Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until set. Cool 10 minutes. Serve warm, very good with vanila ice cream and/or cool whip. Store leftovers in refrigerator.



No comments:

Post a Comment