Saturday, March 24, 2012

Finding a Nest

I have been having the strangest dreams lately.  I think it's in part that my stress is creeping up again.  I keep thinking I will forget to pack stuff for the move.  It's so silly since I will be home about about month after we move and my mom can always ship stuff to me.  I think the crazy warm weather is tricking my mind into thinking the wedding and move are much closer than they really are.  Last night I dreamt that gas was only $3.33 a gallon rather than the $4.40 it really is.  Sad, huh.

Right now P has an apartment off post.  It's 2 bedrooms, on the second floor, with a detached one car garage.  It's nice, has a huge kitchen and great living space.  But his lease is up the beginning of June and we (I) would really like a house with 3 bedrooms, a yard for Violet, a 2 car garage, and more storage space.  I have been looking on Craigslist and have found a few places that would work for us but for some reason landlords there only post places that are available NOW, not ones that are available in the future.  Totally different to what I am used to here.  So P thinks we (he) should just sign a lease soon so that we have a place secured and he can start slowly working on moving his stuff in and cleaning out the apartment.  We'll see what happens, not as easy as I thought it would be to find something from a distance as I thought it would be.

I am anxious to get out there and enjoy our life.  We found out that P will be deploying to Afghanistan sometime after the New Year.  I want to fit so much stuff in to the time we get together after the wedding.  I have put off posting this because I didn't know how to share it, if I wanted to share it, and if I wanted to continue this blog.  But there is it.

No comments:

Post a Comment