Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Sugar and Spice

I am so nearly done getting ready for Christmas.  This weekend my mom and I did all of our cookies.

Frosted Sugar Cookies

Butter Cookies, Apricot and Raspberry Linzor Tortes (my Oma's recipe)
Yes we have 2 coffee pots!

Yesterday and today I wanted to wrap up all the little last minute things I still needed. Ran to Hallmark, Target, and World Market.  My closest friend came over today for a visit.  We colored her hair and had lunch.  I made Potato Spinach Smoked Turkey Sausage Soup using a Bear Creek soup starter.  I also made a loaf of whole wheat beer bread.  She brought a delish salad.

I also managed to make 2 gallons of white chocolate chex mix and 4.5 gallons of savory chex mix.  And wrapped all my Christmas gifts.

Sorry for the blurry pic!

P will be her in 4 days and I don't want to have to worry about getting Christmas stuff done then, just be able to enjoy our time together.  I'll just have a few appetizers, bread, and a breakfast casserole to make, and I know he'll help.  

As for the rest of the week I have the house to myself. My mom and Steve are in Florida until Sunday.  I plan on my usual pre-P prep and finally doing laundry since we got the new washer today.

My head seems to always spin near the holidays.  But somehow it all gets done.


Violet resting after her "paw-i-cure"

No comments:

Post a Comment